Monday, March 21, 2011

Curve Control

I have an amazing life. I have a job that I love, two of the best pets ever, loving family, a supportive friend base and a huge, gorgeous engagement ring from the best man I have ever known. I am twenty-four years old and the only thing I would change is my weight.

A former dancer and fitness instructor I find myself slipping into size sixteen jeans with difficulty. I have become absolutely fed up with myself. I refuse to look at my reflection in mirrors, I am tired of hearing people say "well at least you have a beautiful face.". Don't get me wrong, I am active, I hike with my dog, I go to the gym, but I have also been in the "nesting" phase with my boyfriend/fiance for the past three years and I gave up smoking. This combined with an anti anxiety medication has left me with fifty pounds to lose before my wedding. Sure, to some that might sound like a lot of weight, to others not so much, but for me it's about feeling comfortable in my own skin again.
When I taught yoga at a local hospital, one of the nurses was trying to push me to purchase Isagenix from her. She claimed it would help with my skin, hair, nails, keep weight off and give me a general feeling of well-being. I googled, researched and found a lot of people unhappy with the product and many others simply trying to make a buck. I promise you (whoever you are that are reading) that I will not be shoving this program down your throat.

It is the first day of spring, a rainy/snowy Monday and I have just finished my second shake of the day. I am too embarrassed to post my actual weight for fear someone I know will discover this blog and know who I am. So I will say I weighed myself today and am starting at X. I will weigh myself next Monday and let you know how this goes. Like I mentioned in my "about me" I'm a bit skeptical too, but I have to get this under control. To be positive we will call this 'curve control' and I hope you will follow me on this journey.

Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment